StompMIX 4 - Four channels Compact Digital Mixer Pedal
The StompMix 4 Compact Digital Mixer Pedal is built with a powerful 32-bit 100Mhz DSP engine and a compact lightweight stomp box package. The StompMix 4 offers a full featured, highly intuitive four channels Digital Mixer with a Color Display. The DSP engine provides a compressor, limiter, Mid sweepable EQ, Highpass Filter, Notch Filter, Phase reverse to each of the 4 inputs. Analog inputs consisted of 2 Class A solid-state Mic pre-amps with +48V Phantom power and two 1/4″ TS line inputs. Two sets of stereo Mix outputs are selectable between a 1/8″ TRS jack and 2 1/4″ TS jacks . 2 Footswitches with assignable functions.
Now Available with Shimmer Reverb (v1.02)
Now Available with Balanced Outputs* – X42U (serial numbers starts with X42U with BLACK knobs) units come with Balanced Outputs for Output 1 (L/R 1/4″ TRS Jacks)
“ The StompMix 4 is a Game Changer for Acoustic Guitarists using multi-sourcepickup systems. It’s a feature rich mixer pedal that fits in your hand ”
“The mixer that I had been looking for so many years. It has exactly what I love about a good stomp pedal: It’s user-friendly and it has a great sound.”
“La consola de piso que estuve buscando por muchos años. Tiene todo que lo que me encanta que tenga un buen pedal de efectos: es fácil de programar y tiene un gran sonido.”
Some Screen Shots from the StompMix 4 DSP engine. We may update our firmware to add functions as we get feedback from our customers.
StompMix 4 Four Channel Digital Pedalboard Mixer Features
- 4-Channel Compact Digital Mixer Pedal
- 10 user scene memories.
- Color display
- Input Level Monitoring
- 2 Class-A Mic inputs with TRIM and PAD (CHAN 1 and 2)
- 2 LINE inputs (CHAN 3 and 4)
- +48V Phantom Power
- Independent Reverb effect on each channel
- 2 notch filter available on each channel
- High Pass Filter and Phase Reverse on each channel
- Noise Gate and Compressor on each channel
- 3 Band EQ with Sweepable MID on each channel
- Max 1 second Delay with Tap Tempo (assign to one Channel at a time)
- Assignable Footswitch functions (MUTE channels, EFX by-pass, Tap Tempo, Scene change etc)
- Output 1 (L/R TS or TRS 1/4″ jacks) * (New production – X42U – Balanced TRS) *(OSM4- Unbalanced TS)
- Output 2 (Stereo TRS 1/8″ jack)
- Output 2 can be used for Headphones
- Main MIX and AUX MIX
- Scenes Change – via Footswitches.
- Diecasting Metal chassis
- AC/DC power supply included
- Support 9VDC to 12VDC power inputs (500mA 2.1mm *Center Positive*)
- Designed and assembled in USA
Output 1 – Serial numbers starts OSM4 Blue Knobs (prior to Aug. 2020) has un-balanced outputs TS jacks, Serial starts with X42U BLACK knobs (Aug, 2020) has Balanced outputs TRS Jacks.
Shimmer Reverb and Delay setting (multiple-pickups) – short clip below
StompMix 4 Pedalboard Mixer Videos
Save/Recall Scenes – short clip below
This video shows how to Save and Recall Scene. There are 2 ways to recall scenes on the StompMix 4. Using the A or B footswitches or using the Recall Button.
If using A or B to recall scenes, the A and B footswitches must be assigned to M+ M- (page 12 of the user manual)
When using the Recall Button – ONLY a quick press is needed, DO NOT hold the encoder button.
“The StompMix 4 is a game changer for anyone using multiple pickups in a single guitar. The StompMix allows me to run up to 4 separate signals into it and have full control over the volume/effects/EQ of each input, ideal for on-the-fly adjustments when playing on stage.”
Sean de Burca – UK Guitarist
StompMix 4 Pedalboard Mixer Frequent Questions and more
- 1) Can +9VDC be used to power the StompMix 4?
- – Yes, just make sure it is 2.1mm Center Positive. 9V or 12V 500mA. Most Pedal board power supplies come with Negative Center, a polarity reverse cable is needed to connect Negative Center Power supplies to the StompMix 4.
- 2) Can I plug Passive Pickups directly into the StompMix4?
- – Yes, most K&K passive pickup systems work with the StompMix 4. (some very low output passive pickups might not work well.)
- 3) Too Much Hiss on the outputs?
- – Make sure the GAIN level knobs for Chan 1 and Chan 2 are NOT at MAX.
- – Reduce the MIX input level to be about 12 o’clock for each channel.
- – Check for possible Ground Loops
- – Make sure to use Active Pickups or higher output Passive Pickups.
- – Make sure output is “NOT” going into High Impedance Inputs on your Amplifier or PA system. Outputs from StompMix 4 should be connected to Line Inputs on the Amplifier or PA system.
- 4) Can Delay be used on all channels at the same time?
- – No, Delay can only be used one channel at a time. It is assignable.
- 5) Can Chan 3 and 4 be used for Guitar with Passive Pickup?
- – Yes. Most K&K passive Pickup systems will work.
- *** CHAN 3 and CHAN 4 (TS jacks) *** we don’t recommend these inputs to be used with very low output Passive Pickups.
- 6) Should I use MONO cable or Stereo Cable for the 1/4″ outputs?
- Older units Serial Number starts with “OSM4” – use MONO cables.
- *** OUTPUT 1 L/R (TS jacks) *** these are LINE level outputs, not recommend to connect to High Impedance Input.
- Current production – Serial Number starts with “X42U” – use Stereo cables.
- *** OUTPUT 1 L/R (TRS jacks) ***
- 7) How do I set the EQ on each channel?
- – click the Encoder Knob to access the EQ settings.
- 8) Does StompMix4 support Tap Tempo?
- – Yes.
- 9) Digital noise on outputs
- – Check for possible Ground Loops.
- 10) Is output 2 (1/8″ jack) Stereo?
- – Yes, it is a TRS jack, Tip is Aux Left and Ring is Aux Right.
- 11) Not getting scenes changes with M+ M- footswitches.
- – Check and make sure 2 or more Scenes are saved.
- 12) Recall Button on Memories page not working.
- – A Quick Press (or Tap) is required, DO NOT hold the encoder button.
- 13) Can EFX be muted on all channels with one footswitch press.
- – yes, A/B footswitches needs to be assigned to “1-4 EFX”. (Footswitch A will Mute all 4 channels and B will bypass EFX) – page 12 of user manual.
- 14) How to check for most updated version firmware and UPDATE the unit if needed.
- – Press and HOLD the system button, firmware version will be shown.
- – Updates are done via USB, download the Updater from the following link and run it on a PC. You must have a USB cable and a PC that runs window XP and newer version windows.
- 15) is Updater available for MAC.
- – it is not available at this time.
- 16) Can the Main Mix MONO and Aux Mix MONO be sent out via 1/4″ TS jacks or the 1/8″ TRS jack?
- – Assign out1 or out2 with “M< >A”, MAIN Mix MONO is sent to 1/4″ TS LEFT output and AUX mix MONO is sent to 1/4″ TS RIGHT output. (page 13 of user manual)
- 17) AUX Mix doesn’t have Reverb.
- – That is correct, only “MAIN mix” have Reverb added. There is no option to add Reverb to the “Aux Mix”.
- 18) Can I get Reverb to Output 2 (1/8″ TRS jack)
- – yes, “Main Mix” can be assigned to Output 2. (page 12 of user manual)
- 19) AUX Mix level is linked to “Main Mix” level.
- – “Aux Mix” level can be assigned “Pre” or “Post” the “Main Mix” level. to make it independent, change setting to “Pre” (page 7)
StompMix 4 and GigMix 4-1 Feature differences
- 1) Mic Channels with +48V
- StompMix 4 (2 with +48V)
- GigMix 4-1 (1 with NO phantom Power)
- 2) Chan 3/4 Level Control
- StompMix 4 ( fixed input level)
- GigMix 4-1 (Trim POT level controls)
- 3) Footswitches
- StompMix 4 (A/B Footswitches)
- GigMix 4-1 (A/B press button – not footswitches)
- 4) Analog Output Level Control
- StompMix 4 (None)
- GigMix 4-1 (Output 1 level knob)
- 5) PAD switches
- StompMix (2 – Chan 1/2)
- GigMix 4-1 (None)
- 5) Mic StandMount hardware
- StompMix 4 (none)
- GigMix 4-1 (one mounting hole for accessory on bottom)
- MONO is sent to 1/4″ TS RIGHT output. (page 13 of user manual)
StompMix 4 - Firmware V1.01 and V1.02 -- PC and USB cable required. Not available for MAC at this time.
“Updating unit will Erase all saved Pre-sets.”
Check the StompMIX4 Compact Digital Mixer Pedal current version firmware by holding down the “SYSTEM” button.
Download and Run the .exe file, and follow the instructions.
1) Make sure unit is on MAIN Mix screen.
2) Connect the StompMix 4 USB
3) Run the update, (few seconds), it will ask you to wait for the StompMix 4 to re-initialize, but this will erase all your previous pre-sets.
4) once unit finish the updated, it will return to the Main MIX screen, you can check the Version by HOLDING down the SYSTEM switch.
What is NEW (1.01) – This is to bring StompMix 4 units to firmware version 1.01. Changes from 1.00 are the following:
– Added popup window for memory recall via foot switches. When the foot switches are assigned to “M- M+” if pressing a foot switch results in a memory being loaded (at least two memories are not empty), a page pops up showing the number of the recalled memory in large font.
– Added “1-4 FX” mode in the footswitch assign list. In this mode footswitch A mutes all channels at once and footswitch B mutes both the reverb and the delay at once.
– Added “M< >A” mode to the output routing list for both Out1 and Out2. In this mode the left side of the output jack gets a mono version of the main mix, while the right side gets a mono version on the aux mix. – you can now route your Dry signal using the Aux Mix and send it out on OUTPUT 1 MONO Right.
What is NEW (1.02) – can update from V1.01 or V1.00 firmware.
- all items on V1.01
- Add Shimmer Reverb